Can you smell what The Rock is cooking? Probably some lucrative brand deals… Kylie Jenner is famous for her social media prowess and ability to rake in the big bucks – but now someone is coming for her top spot as Instagram’s leading earner.
The social media scheduling platform Hopper HQ has delved into just how wealthy everyone on Instagram is thanks to its annual Instagram Rich List, which reveals the highest-earning celebrities and influencers on the app.
This year, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson scored the top spot for the first time ever, since his earnings from sponsored content on Instagram increased by 15 percent since 2019.
Now, the Jumanji star could earn $1 million per sponsored post. He currently has 188 million followers.
The wrestler turned actor is followed closely by Kylie Jenner, even though her Instagram earnings dropped by 22 percent this year. Jenner previously held the top spot two years in a row.
She’s now currently in close competition with The Rock, as she has 183 million followers. Her sister Kim Kardashian is the only other family member making the top ten.
View this post on Instagram
It’s ok to talk about it. We all talk. It’s fun to talk about goals and dreams. But the conduit that turns talk into real success is action. Hard work. Relentless hard work. Applied to all aspects of life. Stay hungry and healthy, my friends. #twohandphilosophy #sacredrepetition
This is the first time in the list’s four year history that a Kardashian or Jenner hasn’t been the top earner on the list.
This year’s list also includes Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Beyonce Justin Bieber and more.
This is the entirety of the top ten, based on how much a single sponsored post could bring in.
1. Dwayne Johnson – 187 million followers – $1,015,000 per post
2. Kylie Jenner – 182 million followers – $986,000 per post
3. Cristiano Ronaldo – 225 million followers – $889,000 per post
4. Kim Kardashian – 176 million followers – $858,000 per post
5. Ariana Grande – 191 million followers – $853,000 per post
6. Selena Gomez – 180 million followers – $848,000 per post
7. Beyoncé Knowles – 149 million followers – $770,000 per post
8. Justin Bieber – 139 million followers – $747,000 per post
9. Taylor Swift – 135 million followers – $722,000 per post
10. Neymar da Silva Santos Junior – 139 million followers – $704,000 per post