According to a report from TMZ, Flair is in recovery after the surgery. His wife Wendy Barlow said, “Doctors said the procedure was a success.”
Wendy Barlow and Charlotte Flair have confirmed that despite the health complications, WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair underwent successful surgery Monday and he’s on recovery process.
Flair had been hospitalized in Atlanta because of an unspecified medical issue. Words coming forth have it that despite the successful surgery, Ric Flair is experiencing heart failure.
Flair was in a coma for 11 days in 2017 and was reportedly near death after his intestine ruptured. He eventually recovered after having an obstructed piece of bowel surgically removed.
And now, after another successful surgery, Ric Flair is recovering again. TMZ Sports also wrote Barlow said she wanted “to thank everyone for their prayers and support during this difficult time.” The nature of Flair’s procedure is unclear. Hence. a source reported that Ric ‘Nature Boy’ Flair has been declared brain dead.
TMZ Sports first reported Flair was transported to a hospital on May 16 for what was described as a “very serious” situation. Barlow downplayed the significance of the medical episode, saying doctors expected the 16-time world champion to make a full recovery.
Conrad Thompson, Flair’s son-in-law, also told Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp that Flair was having a previously planned procedure performed now in the hope he could attend the Starrcast convention in Las Vegas, which begins Thursday.