WWE has issued an official statement on touching the matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault of one of their employees.
ENZO AMORE has been suspended by the WWE over allegations he raped a woman in a hotel room last year.
The 31-year-old – real name Eric Arndt – was due to appear on the Monday Night RAW show but that was not possible as WWE announced that he has been suspended.
WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault. Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended.
The Cruiserweight Champion has been axed and is being investigated by police after the unnamed woman came forward.
She said on Twitter: “OKAY..it’s been long enough & I have been so so scared to share this.
“I was raped in mid October by the WWE Enzo Amore (also known as Eric Arden) & Tyler Grosso & TOOPOOR let it happen as accomplices.
“I was in a mental hospital for 45 days after it. They ARE NOT good people.”
The incident allegedly happened at a hotel in Phoenix, California, on 19 October last year.
According to the Pro Wrestling Sheet, cops are waiting on lab results.
It is thought the incident happened in the early hours of the morning.
Amore was in Phoenix that night, according to his Instagram account.
A WWE statement said: “WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault.
“Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended.”
The controversial “Realest Guy in the Room” was banned from the WWE locker room last year after a number of superstars grew tired of his antics.